- 03-Jan-2017 to 01-Aug-2017 (EST)
- Lawrenceville, GA, USA
- Full Time and Part Time
Full time and Part Time Positions Available (accomodating flexible schedules)
An Emergency Medical Technician responds to emergency and non-emergency ambulance calls to render appropriate medical care to the patient and provide safe transportation to the appropriate destination.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Comply with all corporate policies and procedures
• Maintaining Emergency Medical Technician certification as required by the State of Georgia Department of Human Resources
• Maintaining current status as a CPR provider or instructor
• Maintaining current valid driver's license
• Maintaining assigned ambulance in a state of constant cleanliness and readiness to respond to emergency and non-emergency calls
• Appropriately and safely respond to calls when dispatched
• Rendering appropriate medical care, within the scope of practice of a Emergency Medical Technician, under the guidance of established medical protocols and standing orders
• Appropriately and safely transporting the patient to the appropriate destination, under the guidance of established medical protocols and standing orders
• Accurate and expedient completion of all documentation related to transport of a patient, whether written or verbal
• Answer telephone appropriately and professionally at all times
• IV box: working knowledge of all items contained therein
• Ambulance and on-board equipment: working knowledge of the ambulance and all items included on the daily check sheet
• Reference materials: maintain working knowledge of Protocol Manual, Maps, Street Guide Books, and Hazardous Materials Guides
• Communication: exchange written and verbal information in an efficient and professional manner
• Interpersonal Skills/Behaviors: treat co-workers with dignity and respect at all times. Work as a team
• Complete hands-on skills training as assigned
• Complete training as required
• Other duties as assigned
• Demonstrate ability to work well with people, both internally and with external customers.
• Talking: expressing and exchanging information and ideas by means of spoken word. This is important for those activities in which workers must impart oral info to patients and/or to general public and in those activities in which they must convey detailed and important spoken instructions to other workers accurately and quickly.
• Color vision: ability to identify and distinguish colors.
• Lifting: must be able to demonstrate ability to lift patient weighing 180 lbs, on stretcher, with assistance; must demonstrate ability to move patient weighing 180 lbs. from bed to stretcher, with assistance; must demonstrate ability to lift patient weighing 180 lbs, on stretcher, up three steps and down three steps, with assistance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Prior EMS field experience is preferred but not required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
• Current certification as a Georgia Emergency Medical Technician (any level).
• Current CPR provider or instructor certification.
• Confined/restricted working environment: work is performed in the field and in the ambulance.
• Frequent bending or stooping.
• Frequent standing.
• Frequent walking.
• Occasional climbing stairs.
• Frequent driving.
• Frequent heavy lifting.